OAC Exhibitions Assistance Grant
The Art Gallery of Guelph (AGG) is a third-party recommender organization that participates annually in the Ontario Arts Council: Exhibition Assistance Program, which provides grants of $500 to $1,500 to assist individual artists with costs related to presenting their work in an exhibition. Through AGG, this program supports artists in Guelph and the surrounding region (zone 2, as defined by the OAC) who are practicing in a variety of media, including traditional practices as well as new media. AGG considers artistic merit, first and foremost, but also emerging artists who have a greater challenge accessing funds, first-time applicants, applicants who have not previously or recent received support through the AGG. Deadlines are July 1 and September 15.
Contact Dawn Owen, Curator of Contemporary Art, at (519) 837 – 0010 ext. 5 or email@example.com, for more information about AGG’s deadlines.
How to Submit Exhibition Proposals to AGG
As the largest and longest running public art gallery in Guelph, the Art Gallery of Guelph (AGG) performs a leading role within the culturally-diverse regional arts community. AGG features art by Guelph’s leading visual artists and brings national and international art to Guelph. AGG reviews unsolicited exhibition proposals once annually on June 1.
AGG accepts hard copy proposals only, which should include the following:
- Letter of Introduction (include your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address)
- Artist statement
- Artist curriculum vitae
- List of works (include the title, date, medium, and dimensions)
- 10-15 high quality images (may be submitted on a disc, memory stick, or printed copies)
Please do not send original works of art. If you wish to have any of your documentation returned to you, please include a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage.
Exhibition proposal packages should be addressed to:
Curator of Contemporary Art
Art Gallery of Guelph
358 Gordon Street, Guelph, ON N1G 1Y1
Please note the following:
- Exhibitions at AGG are planned approximately three years in advance
- Exhibition proposals will be responded to by September 1 following assessment on June 1
- Proposals may be submitted year-round but will only be assessed at the June 1 deadline