AGG Appraisal Event
The AGG Volunteer Association is pleased to host eight knowledgeable appraisers to assess and evaluate your prized possessions or unusual finds. Organized by Bert Dorpmans and Lauren Ogilvie of McMaster Fine Art, you are invited to bring your treasures and heirlooms to the Art Gallery of Guelph for an Antique Roadshow style event! Get on-the-spot verbal appraisals for jewelry, art, Inuit objects, textile art, and small furniture from the region’s experts.
Tickets are $15 per item, with each ticket representing ONE item for appraisal. Each person is welcome to bring multiple items in different categories, with a maximum number three items per category (see list below). For example, 5 five tickets for a total of $75 to bring 5 items (such as 3 textiles, 1 small stool, 1 necklace); purchasing 5 tickets for items in one category alone is not permitted. Tickets are also available at the door for walk-ins on a first come, first served basis.
1. Jewelry and metalwork
2. Unframed or framed art and Canadiana
3. Inuit art or objects
4. Textile art
5. Small furniture, glassware and pottery
Bert Dorpmans and Lauren Ogilvie, McMaster Fine Art
Joanne Poluch, Remarque Art Consulting
Jeff Reid, Splurge Antiques & Art
Joe Zidanic, Century Estate Services
Considerations when purchasing your tickets:
– Appraisals are focused on jewelry, art (unframed or framed), Inuit art or objects, textile art, and small furniture
– Please do not leave appraisal objects unattended
– No refunds will be given for appraisals
– Pre-registrants are guaranteed an appraisal time
– Appraisals for walk-ins will be available on a first come, first serve basis time permitting
– Observations of appraisals will be allowed in accordance with space capacity
– The Art Gallery of Guelph and appraisers are not responsible for loss or damage to items brought for appraisal
– For insurance purposes, AGG staff cannot handle, store, or be responsible for items brought to the event
Parking in Campus Lot P23 is FREE with access from College Ave. and MacDonald St. Accessibility parking and a limited number of regular parking spots are available in the gallery lot behind the building.
View More Events